Miniloop (an app for docklines)
What it is:
The world's cheapest line-handling tool.
The Miniloop is a small diameter cord (2.5mm Diameter) that is spliced to form a loop.
The innovation is the method of splicing the two cord ends together.
This is an inexpensive splice method that does not require any hand splicing, also the splice creates a strengthened section that holds the Miniloop open.
Made in Australia
What it does:
The Miniloop when applied to the eye of a dock-line increases the ability of handling the dock-line.
Miniloop applied to a dock-line eye.
How does it Benefit:
- Holds the dock-line eye open, so that the line can be easily retrieved by hooking with a boathook or wRino
- A dock-line can be easily picked up from a flat deck by hooking the Miniloop
- A dock-line can be easily disconnected from a dock cleat
- A dock-line can be easily disconnected from a pylon
- When attached to the clip of a mooring hook, allows an easier disconnection from a ring.
- Can be used to hold bundled objects, such as the bundled lines of a dock-line hung to dry.